The Alaska Section of American Association of Drilling Engineers (AADE) in conjunction with Alaska Section of Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) will be offering scholarships to eligible students for the 2020-21 school year.
Minimum award is $1500 and multiple scholarships are awarded each year.
In addition to the application, each student must also submit an official transcript. The transcript must be sealed, officially certified by the school, and include Fall 2019final grades.
Applications will only be accepted via email. All applications must be received on or before Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Transcripts will only be accepted via mail. All transcripts must be postmarked on or before Thursday, April 30, 2020.
*Do not submit extra documents with the application. Resumes or letters of recommendation will not be considered.
*Do not send transcripts requiring signature confirmation due to the fact that the SPE mailbox is not checked on a daily basis and there is a chance your mail will be returned. You can email us to confirm that your transcript has been received.
1. Graduating Alaska High School Seniors who will be enrolled at an accredited university as a full time college student for the Fall 2020 semester in a curriculum leading to an undergraduate degree in engineering, including petroleum, chemical, mechanical, electrical, environmental or civil, or an earth sciences field, and intend to seek future employment in the petroleum industry.
2. Undergraduate College Students who will be enrolled at an accredited school as a full time student for the Fall 2020 semester in a curriculum leading to an undergraduate degree in engineering, including petroleum, chemical, mechanical, electrical, environmental or civil, or an earth sciences field, and who intend to seek future employment in the petroleum industry, and meet one of the three following requirements: (1) graduated from a high school in Alaska, or (2) are currently enrolled in a college in Alaska, or (3) are a dependent of a AADE/SPE Alaska Section member.
3. Scholarships are only awarded for a one year term. All students who continue to meet the requirements can re-apply, and are encouraged to re-apply, every year throughout their undergraduate college career. A new application and transcript must be submitted every year however to be considered for a scholarship.
4. All applicants will be notified if they were selected to receive a scholarship, or not, by May 15, 2020.
5. Scholarships will be paid out directly to the school in the fall of 2020, once enrollment is confirmed.
6. Completed Application and Transcript should be mailed to the following address:
7. Society of Petroleum Engineers – Alaska Section
Re: 2018 Scholarship Application
P.O. Box 243812
Anchorage, AK 99524-3812
8. Questions regarding this application can be sent to Abhijeet Tambe
© 2020 American Association of Drilling Engineers