Scholarship applicants will be evaluated on 8 Grading Components: Accuracy in following application instructions, GPA, Part Time Work Hours, Industry Experience, Leadership, Philanthropy, Financial Need, and Essay.
1. Carefully follow instructions and double check your work. Errors in your application will hurt your composite score. Attention to detail is important in this industry and in this application.
2. Be enrolled in a petroleum or natural gas curriculum OR be an engineering student referred by a member of the DFW AADE chapter
3. GPA must be 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
4. Be at least a sophomore as of current fall semester
5. Be a United States Citizen (not work or student visa holder unless you served in the U.S. Armed Forces)
6. Preference will be given to AADE members
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does the scholarship renew? No, this is a one-time award.
When/how will students be notified of awards? Students who receive scholarships will be notified by email before Dec 1. A single combined award letter/check for all students at each school will be sent to the school's petroleum engineering admin who is then required to deliver the check to the financial aid dept.
What if I already submitted an application for AADE Scholarship for another chapter? Each chapter has its own scholarship program. You must apply for the DFW program to be considered for a DFW scholarship.
Do I have to be a US Citizen? Yes
What if I have a Visa or a Green card? You cannot apply. You must be a U.S. Citizen. Special cases have been made for those with green cards/visas who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
What if I’m not studying Petroleum Engineering? You must be an engineering student referred by a member of the DFW AADE Chapter. Have the referring member contact the AADE Scholarship Chairman by email.
Contact Info and Program Committee
Inquiries to DFW.AADE@gmail.com
© 2023 American Association of Drilling Engineers